McDonald’s offering tuition, childcare benefits to entice new employees
Category: #headline  By Akshay Kedari  Date: 2021-07-14
  • share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn

McDonald’s offering tuition, childcare benefits to entice new employees
  • The move comes as several restaurants are facing worker shortages during their recovery efforts.
  • McDonald’s and its franchisees will co-fund the added benefits through a multimillion-dollar investment.

McDonald's franchisees have started offering increased hourly wages, paid leaves, and tuition payments to attract more workers as several restaurants have been struggling to employ workers during their post-pandemic recoveries.

McDonald's and its franchisees will co-sponsor these benefits through a multimillion-dollar investment in the enhanced worker compensation programs which will also include an emergency childcare program.

Caregiver benefits have been gaining considerable popularity among companies, especially amidst the pandemic. McDonald's stated that this plan was based on feedback from around 5000 crew members, owners & managers & operator organizations, and the company anticipates these changes will help in competing while hiring.

Restaurants were among the most affected businesses by the COVID lockdowns and dismissed many workers as the sales came to a standstill. Now various outlets are resuming their operations and restaurants are contending to meet the current demand to stand strong amid these testing times.

Last month, McDonald's franchisees agreed to improve employee training, offer additional pay & benefits, and workplace flexibility across several markets.

Meanwhile, in May, the fast-food chain announced a nearly 10% increase in pay for some of its employees while hiring new employees to meet the recovering demand. The company expects its hourly wage to be USD 15 by 2024.

It is worth noting here that franchisees own approximately 95% of McDonald's locations and the remaining 5% is owned by corporate.

Prominent restaurant chains like Chipotle, Papa John's, and P. F. Chang's have also started offering incentives for the new employees, offering sign-on bonuses on some occasions as well.

Source Credits:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/mcdonalds-reportedly-adds-tuition-child-care-to-sweetened-benefits-in-a-bid-to-attract-new-workers/ar-AAM4h9h

About Author

Akshay Kedari    

Akshay Kedari

Akshay holds a Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering. Despite having a penchant for software development and the like, Akshay took to writing as a career owing to his passion for the field. Presently, Akshay writes articles for itresearchbrief.com and a few oth...

Read More>>

More News By Akshay Kedari

Indian fintech startup CRED raises USD 251 million in Series E funding
Indian fintech startup CRED raises USD 251 million in Series E funding
By Akshay Kedari

Bangalore-based fintech startup CRED has reportedly secured USD 251 million in Series E funding roun...

Power Global to invest USD 25 Mn to build battery-making unit in India
Power Global to invest USD 25 Mn to build battery-making unit in India
By Akshay Kedari

United States-based startup Power Global is reportedly planning to invest USD 25 million to develop ...

Robo-advisor startup Fount raises USD 33.4 million in Series C funding
Robo-advisor startup Fount raises USD 33.4 million in Series C funding
By Akshay Kedari

South Korea-based AI investment solution company Fount has reportedly raised USD 33.4 million in a S...